Monday, July 4, 2011

Welcome To My Blog!

Welcome to my blog!  I'm so glad you came to visit!

Teaching and learning is truly a journey.  I have experienced ups, downs, and times in between over the past 16 years.  Being a parent, and a student at SHU has greatly influenced my teaching and my learning style.  It has helped me to see my students in a new light.  Through this blog, I plan to share all the things I am learning, in and outside of my classroom in the hopes that it would help another teacher to grow or learn something new as well.  I hope that it might also help parents to learn something that might help their children, or maybe help them to understand their children better as learners.  I would also love for this blog to be a place where teachers and parents can share information with each other.  Ultimately, it is such a blessing to be able to contribute to the lives of children.  To know that I have had an influence on a child's life, and helped them to grow in some way is really rewarding. 

There is a quote that sums it up nicely.

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.


Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882) American Essayist & Poet 

No comments:

Post a Comment